|Published:||Nov 16, 2010 5:02 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2010 2:02 PM EST|
NEW YORK (AP) - A law enforcement official says accused Russian trafficker Viktor Bout is traveling from Thailand to New York to face terrorism charges.
The official tells The Associated Press that Bout's plane is expected in New York around 9 p.m. EST Tuesday. The official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of security concerns, declined to name the airport.
Federal prosecutors planned a news conference for late Wednesday morning in New York City.
Thailand extradited the 43-year-old Bout on Tuesday in the custody of eight U.S. officials.
It sided with Washington in a tug of war with Moscow over whether to send him to stand trial or let him go home.
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting
- Report: Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported
- Sebelius sees 'positive trends' on health care site