|Published:||Nov 02, 2010 5:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Nov 02, 2010 2:13 PM EDT|
LONDON (AP) - BP PLC has returned to profit in the third quarter as it recovers from the impact of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
The company on Tuesday reported a net profit of $1.79 billion, compared to a loss of $17.2 billion in the second quarter.
Replacement cost profit - a key industry benchmark - was $1.85 billion, compared to a loss of $17 billion in the second quarter.
- More snow forecast for DC area and Appalachians
- President Obama's memorial speech for Nelson Mandela
- NTSB hearing on SF airliner crash postponed
- Texas woman to admit to sending ricin to Obama
- Obama in South Africa for Mandela memorial service
- Race against clock, cold in search for Nevadans
- Democrats using new power to tilt appeals court
- US skeptical NKorea moves will ease nuke tensions
- 1 year after Newtown, Biden to boost mental health
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro