|Published:||Oct 18, 2010 5:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2010 2:19 PM EDT|
HENNING, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities say two post office workers have been killed in a shooting at a post office in West Tennessee.
The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department said two female employees were killed but couldn't provide information about suspects or a motive. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said her agency was sending investigators to the scene in Henning, about 45 miles northeast of Memphis. TBI confirmed that two people had been killed but did not provide details about their identities.
Beth Barnett, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Postal Service, said there had been an incident at the post office but she didn't yet have further details.
Henning, about 45 miles northeast of Memphis, was the hometown of "Roots" author Alex Haley.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Suspects in Soldier Killing Par of Prior Investigation
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births
- IRS replaces official who oversaw targeting