|Published:||Oct 15, 2010 4:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2010 1:11 PM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - The Brooklyn Bridge is shut down in both directions as New York City police investigate a report of a suspicious package on the pedestrian walkway.
The report came in just before 10 a.m. Friday. Police say someone on the walkway saw a flashlight with copper wiring and called 911. Pedestrian traffic is also closed.
The bridge, which was opened in 1883, is undergoing a series of renovations for the next several years and there is a lot of construction on both the Manhattan and Brooklyn ends.
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Ryan: Budget deal moves US in 'right direction'
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right