|Published:||Sep 30, 2010 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2010 1:44 PM EDT|
WARM SPRINGS, Ore. (AP) - Four people have been killed in a crash during a police chase in Oregon about 100 miles southeast of Portland.
The Jefferson County sheriff's office says a deputy was chasing a speeding car that had been seen leaving a burglary where gunshots were reported. The driver of the fleeing car lost control about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday and slid into an oncoming Warm Springs police car.
Three adults and a child were killed. The police officer driving the car suffered multiple broken bones and is in stable condition at Mountain View Hospital in Madras. A child in the fleeing car was airlifted to a Portland hospital.
Oregon State Police are investigating.
- President Obama's memorial speech for Nelson Mandela
- More snow forecast for DC area and Appalachians
- Texas woman to admit to sending ricin to Obama
- NTSB hearing on SF airliner crash postponed
- Obama in South Africa for Mandela memorial service
- Race against clock, cold in search for Nevadans
- Democrats using new power to tilt appeals court
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- US skeptical NKorea moves will ease nuke tensions
- 1 year after Newtown, Biden to boost mental health