MEXICO CITY (AP) - A disaster official says at least eight people are dead and 100 are missing in two mudslides in the southern state of Oaxaca.
Oaxaca state Civil Protection operations coordinator Luis Marin Castillejos says an avalanche in the community of Santa Maria Tlahuitolpetec has killed at least seven people, while at least another 100 are missing.
The state's governor earlier said as many as 1,000 could be buried there.
Castillejos said Tuesday another slide in the community of Villa Hidalgo killed at least one person.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- FBI Agents Killed
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks
- Lawsuit in Ohio cancer cluster will take years