MIAMI (AP) - Tropical Storm Georgette has formed in the Pacific off the coast of Baja California in Mexico.
A tropical storm warning was issued Tuesday for southern Baja California.
The storm has maximum sustained winds near 40 mph (65 kph), but weakening is expected once Georgette moves inland over the peninsula later in the day.
The storm is located about 60 miles (100 kilometers) south-southeast of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and is moving north-northwest near 9 mph (15 kph).
- Massive tornado roars through Oklahoma City suburb
- Crews pull children from the rubble after Okla. tornado
- Split-second choice ended with NY student dead
- Fla. woman charged with Haitian visa fraud
- Large funnel cloud touches down near Oklahoma City
- Arias lawyers again ask to withdraw; judge says no
- NWS: Okla. tornado had winds up to 200 mph
- Official: 2nd person killed by Oklahoma tornado
- More Obama aides knew of IRS audit; Obama not told