|Published:||Sep 21, 2010 4:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2010 1:15 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Tropical Storm Georgette has formed in the Pacific off the coast of Baja California in Mexico.
A tropical storm warning was issued Tuesday for southern Baja California.
The storm has maximum sustained winds near 40 mph (65 kph), but weakening is expected once Georgette moves inland over the peninsula later in the day.
The storm is located about 60 miles (100 kilometers) south-southeast of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and is moving north-northwest near 9 mph (15 kph).
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on
- '127 Hours' figure arrested on assault charges
- Government sells remaining stake in GM
- Ex-San Diego mayor to be sentenced for harassment
- Attorney confirms Wis. snuggle business has closed
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban for decade
- Jury selected in Montana newlywed killing case