|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 5:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 2:57 PM EDT|
CHICAGO (AP) - Oprah Winfrey is taking her audience to Australia.
On the premiere of the 25th - and final - season of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that aired Monday, Winfrey surprised the 300 people in her studio audience that she was taking them all on a trip to Australia.
The audience shrieked when Winfrey made the announcement and actor John Travolta joined Winfrey on stage.
The show included a few surprise visitors, including actor Don Johnson and singer Paul Simon, who sang a song he wrote for the talk show host.
For cable viewers, there's more Winfrey to come. She's set to launch her Oprah Winfrey Network, or OWN, on cable Jan. 1.
The end of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will be featured on that network with "Behind the Scenes: Oprah's 25th Season."
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors
- Budget office view boosts Senate immigration bill
- Company recalls 23,000 lbs of ground beef
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Tropical depression heads toward Mexican coast
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexico's southeastern coast
- Protesters out again in Brazilian cities
- Bipartisan proposal on student loans circulating
- Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- Syria troops fight rebels near major Shiite shrine