|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 5:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 2:55 PM EDT|
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - For 5-year-old Andrew Polasky, being loud has paid off.
Andrew was the winner of this weekend's moose calling contest at the Alaska Zoo in Anchorage.
He lives with his parents, Janessa and Ray, on Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage. He really hasn't been around moose that much, even though they're ever-present in Alaska's largest city. Instead, he's more used to deer from his native Wisconsin.
So what's his secret for winning a moose calling contest?
His mom says he just likes making a lot of noise, and, she says, "He's good at it."
For his efforts, Andrew won a calendar, a $25 gift certificate to an Anchorage restaurant - the Moose's Tooth, of course - and a moose cutout to hang on his wall.
- Jury: No medical negligence in penile implant
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Witness: Man who disrupted flight ranted about CIA
- Thrifty says offer of free rental car was mistake
- Miss Utah latest beauty queen to botch answer
- Guardian: Snowden won't return voluntarily to US
- EU, US agree to start free trade talks at G-8
- Putin: US-Russia positions on Syria don't coincide
- McCain presses Obama on secret emails
- White House threatens veto of House farm bill