|Published:||Sep 13, 2010 5:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2010 2:55 PM EDT|
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - For 5-year-old Andrew Polasky, being loud has paid off.
Andrew was the winner of this weekend's moose calling contest at the Alaska Zoo in Anchorage.
He lives with his parents, Janessa and Ray, on Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage. He really hasn't been around moose that much, even though they're ever-present in Alaska's largest city. Instead, he's more used to deer from his native Wisconsin.
So what's his secret for winning a moose calling contest?
His mom says he just likes making a lot of noise, and, she says, "He's good at it."
For his efforts, Andrew won a calendar, a $25 gift certificate to an Anchorage restaurant - the Moose's Tooth, of course - and a moose cutout to hang on his wall.
- Stowaway from Jamaica found on ship in Tampa
- President Obama's memorial speech for Nelson Mandela
- Texas woman to admit to sending ricin to Obama
- NTSB hearing on SF airliner crash postponed
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- Race against clock, cold in search for Nevadans
- Democrats using new power to tilt appeals court
- US skeptical NKorea moves will ease nuke tensions
- GM names Mary Barra CEO, 1st woman to head car co.