|Published:||Aug 31, 2010 4:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2010 1:57 PM EDT|
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) - A pistol-packing grandmother in northern Alabama believes intruders will think twice before messing with her again.
Police say 69-year-old Ethel Jones shot an 18-year-old man in the stomach when she found him inside her bedroom at her home in Decatur.
Jones says she sleeps with her gun under a pillow next to her. She says she grabbed it after hearing a door rattle shortly before 3 a.m. Monday.
Police say the suspect removed a window air conditioner to get inside the home. He is in the hospital and faces a charge of second-degree burglary.
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Crews dig through night after deadly Okla. twister
- Committee nears final big immigration decisions
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Court: US can keep bin Laden photos under wraps
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims