|Published:||Aug 31, 2010 4:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 31, 2010 1:57 PM EDT|
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) - A pistol-packing grandmother in northern Alabama believes intruders will think twice before messing with her again.
Police say 69-year-old Ethel Jones shot an 18-year-old man in the stomach when she found him inside her bedroom at her home in Decatur.
Jones says she sleeps with her gun under a pillow next to her. She says she grabbed it after hearing a door rattle shortly before 3 a.m. Monday.
Police say the suspect removed a window air conditioner to get inside the home. He is in the hospital and faces a charge of second-degree burglary.
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- DOT may block cell phone use