|Published:||Aug 30, 2010 5:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 30, 2010 2:36 PM EDT|
CLEVELAND (AP) - A federal judge in Ohio has ordered mental health treatment for the owner of a bear that fatally mauled its caretaker.
A magistrate judge signed an order Friday in Cleveland tightening probation requirements for Sam Mazzola.
The type of treatment wasn't outlined in court filings, and Mazzola's attorney didn't immediately return a message Monday seeking comment.
One of Mazzola's bears attacked and killed the caretaker Aug. 19. Mazzola keeps bears, wolves, tigers and a lion at a compound in Columbia Station southwest of Cleveland.
Mazzola got probation after pleading guilty last year to transporting a black bear without a license and selling a skunk without a license.
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
- Tropical depression heads toward southern Mexico
- Taco Bell to test 'Power Protein' menu
- Demonstrators flood Brazilian streets in protest
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute
- New video, $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing