NEW YORK (AP) - Two law enforcement officials say the 17-year-old daughter of the U.S. ambassador to Thailand fell to her death from a New York City high-rise apartment building.
The officials spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to speak publicly.
The officials say Nicole John apparently fell from a window in Manhattan around 4:15 a.m. Friday. The officials say the fall was believed to be an accident.
John was found on a third-floor ledge on West 34th Street with severe trauma to the body. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The U.S. State Department's website says her father, Eric John, was appointed U.S. ambassador to Thailand in 2007.
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- FBI Agents Killed
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks
- Lawsuit in Ohio cancer cluster will take years
- Severe weather moving through Mid-West