|Published:||Aug 26, 2010 5:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 26, 2010 2:27 PM EDT|
FLINT, Mich. (AP) - A man suspected in 18 attacks in three states, including five fatal stabbings, has been flown to Michigan from Atlanta for a hearing in one of the attacks.
Michigan State Police escorted 33-year-old Elias Abuelazam (A'-boo-LAH'-zuhm) to Flint on a small state-owned plane that landed about 12:15 p.m.
He's being taken directly to the Genesee County jail and will be arraigned on a charge of assault with intent to murder in connection with a July 27 attack.
He had been held in an Atlanta jail since his Aug. 11 arrest at the city's airport. He waived extradition Aug. 13.
Police say Abuelazam is a suspect in 14 stabbings in the Flint area, about 70 miles northwest of Detroit. He's also suspected in similar stabbings in Virginia and Ohio.
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement
- Ryan: Budget deal moves US in 'right direction'
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- FCC chairman: Calls on planes up to each airline
- Kerry back to Mideast to push peace talks
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating