|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 9:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 6:44 PM EDT|
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Vice President Joe Biden said Democrats will keep majorities in the House and Senate this fall.
And he says if it weren't illegal, he'd place a bet on it.
Biden also is predicting that Democrats will do well in governor's races.
He was addressing the Democratic National Committee at its summer meeting in St. Louis. The audience erupted in cheers when he made the prediction.
Biden credited the Democratic Party's foot soldiers for putting it in strong positions financially and organizationally. He said he was confident that voters will choose Democrats when they look at how Republican policies will take the country backward.
Vice President Joe Biden said the Republican Party is offering more of the same failed policies - but on steroids.
He's calling the GOP - "the Republican tea party."
Biden says this GOP is offering a combination of the policies of the past combined with what he called a new set of draconian ideas.
He's painting Republicans as extreme in their ideas, and said voters will see that this fall when they start to focus on the
choice they have.
Biden was speaking to the Democratic National Committee's meeting in St. Louis.
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Immigration bill heads to full Senate
- 2 infants among 10 kids killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- IRS official Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Okla. mayor wants to require tornado shelters
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror