|Published:||Aug 20, 2010 11:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2010 6:13 PM EDT|
ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP) - Hundreds of mourners have gathered for the funeral for two South Carolina toddlers authorities said were killed by their mother before they were strapped into a car and rolled into a river.
Services were being held in Orangeburg on Friday for 2-year-old Devean C. Duley and 18-month-old Ja'van T. Duley.
A steady stream of mourners filed past the small white caskets before the service. The boys were dressed in matching white
tuxedos. Some people dropped off stuffed animals, books and flowers.
Investigators said 29-year-old Shaquan Duley suffocated her sons after a fight with her mother, then tried to make the deaths look an accident.
Duley is charged with two counts of murder. She is not expected to be allowed out of jail for the funeral.
- 2,700 rounds of ammo found at Conn. man's home
- House approves TSA Loose Change Act, heading to Senate
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Arizona commission OKs fine in firefighter deaths
- Mexico: Stolen box with radioactive material found
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily