|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 5:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 2:10 PM EDT|
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota Vikings say Brett Favre is about to practice with his teammates.
The Vikings issued a short announcement on Wednesday morning, a day after Favre arrived on a private jet from Hattiesburg, Miss. The team says Favre will join in practice - set to begin within the hour - and then hold a news conference afterward.
Favre was contemplating retirement yet again this summer. This time it was after having surgery on his left ankle from an injury sustained in the NFC title game against New Orleans.
The 40-year-old quarterback is coming off one of his finest seasons, when he threw 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions in his first year with the Vikings.
- Flight diverted with landing gear light on
- Officials: 1 dead, 2 missing from migrants' raft
- Elian Gonzalez makes 1st trip abroad since 2000
- Government sells remaining stake in GM
- Jury selected in Montana newlywed killing case
- Attorney confirms Wis. snuggle business has closed
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban for decade
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine