|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 4:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 1:48 PM EDT|
McKINNEY, Texas (AP) - A coroner says the gunman who pulled into a suburban Dallas police station parking lot with a trailer loaded with explosives and opened fire on officers committed suicide.
The Collin County Medical Examiner's Office said Wednesday that 29-year-old Patrick Gray Sharp died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Police say Sharp ended up in a shootout with authorities Tuesday morning after towing a trailer filled with explosives into the parking lot of the McKinney police station and setting his pickup truck on fire. Police say Sharp retreated to a field across a road and fired more than 100 rounds at police headquarters.
Sharp was found dead after exchanging gunfire with police.
The McKinney police chief says authorities don't have a motive.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set
- Boston suspect under scrutiny in unsolved killings
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births