|Published:||Aug 18, 2010 4:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2010 1:48 PM EDT|
McKINNEY, Texas (AP) - A coroner says the gunman who pulled into a suburban Dallas police station parking lot with a trailer loaded with explosives and opened fire on officers committed suicide.
The Collin County Medical Examiner's Office said Wednesday that 29-year-old Patrick Gray Sharp died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Police say Sharp ended up in a shootout with authorities Tuesday morning after towing a trailer filled with explosives into the parking lot of the McKinney police station and setting his pickup truck on fire. Police say Sharp retreated to a field across a road and fired more than 100 rounds at police headquarters.
Sharp was found dead after exchanging gunfire with police.
The McKinney police chief says authorities don't have a motive.
- Stowaway from Jamaica found on ship in Tampa
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- President Obama's memorial speech for Nelson Mandela
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- DiGiorno, supplier drop dairy farm over abuse
- GM names Mary Barra CEO, 1st woman to head car co.
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 2,153
- 1 year after Newtown, Biden boosts mental health
- Kerry, Congress spar over Iran nuclear deal