|Published:||Jul 24, 2010 8:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 24, 2010 5:26 PM EDT|
BERLIN (AP) - German police have raised the death toll to 18 in a stampede inside a tunnel crowded with techno music fans. Police say dozens more were injured.
They're still trying to determine exactly what happened today at the Love Parade music festival in Duisburg, near Duesseldorf, and say the situation is "very chaotic."
Thousands of other revelers kept partying, unaware of the deadly stampede that started when police tried to block thousands more people from entering the already-jammed parade grounds.
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Suspects in Soldier Killing Par of Prior Investigation
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect