|Published:||Jul 22, 2010 11:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 22, 2010 8:48 AM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - An early morning fire in a house on New York
City's Staten Island has killed five people.
A Fire Department spokesman says the fire was heavy when
firefighters arrived at the two-story brick building in a
residential section of Port Richmond early Thursday. Firefighters
received the call just after 4 a.m.
The spokseman had no other information about the victims.
The blaze at the multiple dwelling home was declared under
control at 5:48 a.m.
The cause in under investigation.
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Suspects in Soldier Killing Par of Prior Investigation
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect