WASHINGTON (AP) - A private burial is planned for the late Sen.
Robert C. Byrd at a suburban Washington cemetery.
Byrd is to be buried Tuesday at a cemetery in Arlington, Va.,
next to his late wife Erma. The burial is the final moment of
farewell for the elder West Virginia statesman who served half a
century in the U.S. Senate.
Byrd died June 28 at the age of 92 at a hospital in Fairfax, Va.
His body lay in repose on the Senate floor in Washington last
week and thousands in West Virginia also paid their respects at a
public viewing in Charleston, where President Barack Obama attended
a memorial service.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks
- FBI Agents Killed
- Lawsuit in Ohio cancer cluster will take years