|Published:||Jul 05, 2010 12:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2010 9:27 PM EDT|
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - Flagstaff police say a man reported missing on hiking trip from Florida to San Diego to raise money for cancer research was located in Las Vegas, Nev.
Flagstaff police officer Matt Schmidt said Sunday Salvatore Pascarelli's girlfriend called to say he had checked in.
Schmidt says Friday's missing man report apparently resulted from a communications breakdown between the girlfriend and Pascarelli, of Brooksville, Fla.
Police say Pascarelli's family said last week he'd talked to his girlfriend daily since beginning his trek in April and posted regular updates on Facebook.
Authorities said his last update was June 26 and he last talked to girlfriend June 27 to say he was leaving Flagstaff in northern Arizona for Yuma on the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Crews dig through night after deadly Okla. twister
- Josh Powell had affair before wife vanished
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- CBS pulls comedy season-ender because of tornado
- Committee nears final big immigration decisions
- Thousands march in NY to protest gay man's killing
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister