|Published:||Jul 05, 2010 12:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2010 9:27 PM EDT|
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - Flagstaff police say a man reported missing on hiking trip from Florida to San Diego to raise money for cancer research was located in Las Vegas, Nev.
Flagstaff police officer Matt Schmidt said Sunday Salvatore Pascarelli's girlfriend called to say he had checked in.
Schmidt says Friday's missing man report apparently resulted from a communications breakdown between the girlfriend and Pascarelli, of Brooksville, Fla.
Police say Pascarelli's family said last week he'd talked to his girlfriend daily since beginning his trek in April and posted regular updates on Facebook.
Authorities said his last update was June 26 and he last talked to girlfriend June 27 to say he was leaving Flagstaff in northern Arizona for Yuma on the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs
- Obama opens health plan sales campaign
- Lawyer: NY Engineer had 'daze' before train crash
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- Newtown to release 911 calls from school shooting
- Ex-EMS from devastated Texas town faces sentencing
- 2,700 rounds of ammo found at Conn. man's home
- US court: Negligence not cause of 3rd WTC collapse