|Published:||Jun 26, 2010 10:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 26, 2010 7:03 PM EDT|
RUSTENBURG, South Africa (AP) - The United States was eliminated from the World Cup by Ghana for the second straight time as Asamoah Gyan scored 3 minutes into overtime, leading the Black Stars to a 2-1 second-round victory Saturday night
Kevin Prince Boateng put Ghana ahead when he stripped the ball from Ricardo Clark in the 5th minute and beat goalkeeper Tim Howard from 16 yards.
Once again, the U.S. came back, and Landon Donovan tied the score with a penalty kick in the 62nd minute after Jonathan Mensah pulled down Clint Dempsey streaking in. But no matter how much the Americans pressured after Gyan scored, they couldn't tie it again.
- Invasive cockroach found in NYC can take the cold
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Senate Dems push Obama nominees, GOP bides time
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents
- Senators: Put cameras on train tracks, engineers
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms