NEW YORK (AP) - An earthquake measuring magnitude-7.5 was reported early Sunday in the Indian Ocean west of India's Nicobar Islands, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii issued a tsunami watch for the region, but later reduced the watch area to only India.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injury.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake struck at 1:26 a.m. Sunday about 95 miles west of the Nicobar Islands at a depth of about 22 miles.
- Split-second choice ended with NY student dead
- Fla. woman charged with Haitian visa fraud
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- Massive tornado roars through Oklahoma City suburb
- Large funnel cloud touches down near Oklahoma City
- Senate committee moves toward vote on immigration
- Arias lawyers again ask to withdraw; judge says no
- Official: 2nd person killed by Oklahoma tornado
- More Obama aides knew of IRS audit; Obama not told