|Published:||May 24, 2010 1:00 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 24, 2010 12:59 AM EDT|
LONDON (AP) - It may be another sign of the financial struggles of the Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson. She's been secretly videotaped, apparently trying to sell access to her ex-husband, Prince Andrew.
The tabloid News of the World posted the video on its website. It appears to show Ferguson promising access to Andrew in exchange for a half million pounds, or $724,000.
Ferguson's spokeswoman confirms that the recording is authentic. She says Ferguson is "devastated," and regrets the embarrassment she caused.
The newspaper says Ferguson was talking to an undercover reporter posing as a businessman. It says Andrew, who is an international British trade ambassador, didn't know about it.
There's no suggestion that Ferguson did anything illegal.
Since her divorce in 1996, Ferguson has written children's books, made television documentaries and acted as a spokeswoman for Weight Watchers.
Recently the company that was set up to manage her U.S. career in publishing, public speaking and media work collapsed with debts of around $1 million.
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting
- Report: Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported
- Sebelius sees 'positive trends' on health care site