|Published:||May 14, 2010 5:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2010 5:26 PM EDT|
LONDON - The BBC and Sky News are reporting that a British lawmaker has been stabbed in east London.
They reported that Stephen Timms, a member of the Labour Party who represents the constituency of East Ham, was attacked on Friday afternoon. A Scotland Yard spokesman said the man's injuries were not believed to be life threatening.
He said a 21-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the incident.
According to his website, Timms has represented the area since 1994. He was also a Treasury minister in former Prime Minister Gordon Brown's government.
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Parents of Ga. teen found dead in mat want inquiry
- Jury acquits ex-cop in fatal post-Katrina shooting
- Report: Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Sebelius sees 'positive trends' on health care site
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported