|Published:||May 14, 2010 5:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2010 5:26 PM EDT|
LONDON - The BBC and Sky News are reporting that a British lawmaker has been stabbed in east London.
They reported that Stephen Timms, a member of the Labour Party who represents the constituency of East Ham, was attacked on Friday afternoon. A Scotland Yard spokesman said the man's injuries were not believed to be life threatening.
He said a 21-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the incident.
According to his website, Timms has represented the area since 1994. He was also a Treasury minister in former Prime Minister Gordon Brown's government.
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Crews dig through night after deadly Okla. twister
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Committee nears final big immigration decisions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Court: US can keep bin Laden photos under wraps