|Published:||May 13, 2010 6:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2010 6:14 PM EDT|
EL DORADO, KANSAS - Severe thunderstorms are being blamed for an accident that shut down the Kansas Turnpike Wednesday night.
High winds knocked over three tractor trailer trucks just south of El Dorado on the evening of Wednesday, May 12. The winds also blew down power lines which ended up on top of the semis.
The highway patrol stopped traffic on the turnpike in both directions. One of the trucks suffered heavy damage to the front of its cab. The downed power lines meant more than 2,000customers in Butler County were without power Wednesday night.
No serious injuries were reported.
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- Suspects in Soldier Killing Par of Prior Investigation
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Birth control coverage up for federal appeal
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Man shot by FBI had spoken with bombing suspect