|Published:||May 12, 2010 4:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 12, 2010 4:05 PM EDT|
PORT ANGELES, Wash. - A man accused of branding his three children like cattle is on trial on assault charges in Washington state.
KIRO-TV reports Mark Seamands branded his 13- and 15-year-old sons and 18-year-old daughter with the letters "SK" - for "Seamands' Kids." He's been charged with assaulting the sons but not the daughter because she was old enough to give consent.
Seamands' ex-wife says she was horrified when she saw the scars on the youngest boy's chest, the other boy's arm and the back of the daughter's leg.
KIRO says the boys are expected to testify in defense of their father because they are proud of their brands. Seamands also is expected to take the stand and show his own brand.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- Salvation Army of Fla. assists Oklahoma tornado victims
- Muslim hardliners ID London terror suspect
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births
- Boston suspect under scrutiny in unsolved killings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set