|Published:||May 07, 2010 4:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2010 4:03 PM EDT|
WASHINGTON - Gen. David Petraeus says the Times Square bombing suspect is a "lone wolf" terrorist who did not work with others.
The general who oversees the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan tells The Associated Press that alleged bomber Faisal Shahzad was inspired by militants in Pakistan, but didn't have direct contact with them. Authorities say Shahzad told investigators he went to a terror training camp in Pakistan, but they have yet to confirm that.
Shahzad is a U.S. citizen, accused of an attempted terror attack nearly a week ago in New York's Times Square. He was caught late Monday night trying to leave the country.
- Tropical Depression Two forms near Belize
- Jury: No medical negligence in penile implant
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Witness: Man who disrupted flight ranted about CIA
- Miss Utah latest beauty queen to botch answer
- Thrifty says offer of free rental car was mistake
- Guardian: Snowden won't return voluntarily to US
- EU, US agree to start free trade talks at G-8
- Putin: US-Russia positions on Syria don't coincide
- White House threatens veto of House farm bill