NEW YORK (AP) - Stocks plunged, and then recovered by several hundred points as investors gave in to fears that Greece's debt problems will spread and halt the global economic recovery. Treasury prices soared and cpmputer program selling intensified the selling.
At its low point, the Dow had dropped by more than 900 points.
As of 2:47 p.m. the Dow was down by -945.90. By 2:56 p.m., it had recovered somewhat, at -427.97. By 3:15 p.m., it had risen to -394.67.
Stay tuned to WINK News for the latest updates.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- FBI Agents Killed
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks
- Lawsuit in Ohio cancer cluster will take years