|Published:||May 05, 2010 6:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 05, 2010 6:00 PM EDT|
BILLERICA, Mass. - Two children have been taken to the hospital as a precaution after a minivan driven by a pregnant woman crashed into a suburban Boston day care center.
Authorities say about 100 children were in the building when the minivan crashed into the KinderCare Learning Center in Billerica just before 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
The children and staff left the building after the crash. The ages of the children taken to the hospital were not released. Deputy Fire Chief Tom Ferraro says damage to the building was so extensive that it was condemned.
The cause remains under investigation but police say the woman's foot may have slipped off the brake and hit the gas pedal as she dropped off her child. Her name was not immediately released.
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Jury foreman says Arias testimony didn't help her
- Summer travel forecast: Better, but no blowout
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- Brewers team up on beer to help military families
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos