|Published:||May 03, 2010 7:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 03, 2010 7:26 PM EDT|
CINCINNATI - Procter & Gamble Co. says it has rushed 1,000 bottles of Dawn dishwashing liquid to the Gulf of Mexico region to help clean wildlife soiled by the massive oil spill.
A P&G spokeswoman says a shipment from a Kansas City plant was delivered by truck Saturday and another 1,000 bottles are being readied. Wildlife rescue workers have used Dawn for more than three decades.
Cincinnati-based P&G has ongoing partnerships with the International Bird Rescue Research Center and the Marine Mammal Center to provide Dawn and raise funds.
In honor of Earth Day in April, before the severity of the Gulf spill was recognized, P&G stepped up airing a television commercial tied to fundraising for bird rescue efforts.
- 2,700 rounds of ammo found at Conn. man's home
- House approves TSA Loose Change Act, heading to Senate
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Arizona commission OKs fine in firefighter deaths
- Mexico: Stolen box with radioactive material found
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily