|Published:||Apr 30, 2010 4:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2010 4:55 PM EDT|
Rallies are being held in several states to rally against cell phones and texting while driving - Michigan signs a law today today to make texting illegal.
Texting will be a primary offense under Michigan's law, meaning police can pull over motorists solely for using phones to send text messages.
This is part of Oprah Winfrey's "No Phone Zone" campaign.
Winfrey launched the campaign against distracted driving in January.
She has sponsored a pledge on her website asking motorists to commit to not text or talk on phones while driving.
You can watch Oprah on WINK-TV weekdays at 4 p.m.
- 2 infants among 10 kids killed in Oklahoma tornado
- UK PM: London attack terror could be terror
- Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- IRS official Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Cruise industry announces passenger bill of rights
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Okla. mayor wants to require tornado shelters
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B