|Published:||Nov 14, 2012 9:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 15, 2012 7:32 AM EST|
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - A person familiar with the situation says DeAngelo Hall has been fined $30,000 for his confrontation with an official in the Washington Redskins' loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers last month.
The person said Wednesday that Hall will not be suspended for the incident late in the Steelers' 27-12 win Oct. 28.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the NFL hasn't announced the fine.
Hall removed his helmet and berated an official after being pulled to the ground by Pittsburgh receiver Emmanuel Sanders during a running play. Officials whistled Hall for two 15-yard penalties and ejected him from the game.
Coach Mike Shanahan later said Sanders should have been flagged for wrestling Hall to the ground, but that Hall also needed to show better restraint.
- Former Giants All-Pro punter Jennings dies at 61
- Bernard Pollard: Titans on mission to \'kill\' in 2013
- Jaguars, city announce $63M stadium renovation
- Report: Niners OC Roman gets 2-year extension
- Report: Suit alleges Hernandez shot man in face
- Arians: Fans could pose a problem for gay player
- Niners shift TE Vernon Davis to WR for minicamp
- Report: Pats\' Hernandez \'not ruled out as suspect\'
- Rams collect $2M from city; still may move in 2015
- DE Justin Smith, Niners extend deal through 2015