|Published:||Oct 30, 2012 6:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 31, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Receiver Anthony Armstrong has been released by the Miami Dolphins after making only three catches for 12 yards in the season's first seven games.
Armstrong was overtaken on the depth chart by veteran newcomer Jabar Gaffney, who played for the first time Sunday in a win over the New York Jets and had a 30-yard reception.
Armstrong had 44 catches for 871 yards with the Washington Redskins in 2010, but only seven receptions for them last season.
- Payton highest-paid coach ($8M) in U.S. sports
- Jerry Jones: Garrett\'s job not on line this season
- Geno Smith hires Jay-Z\'s group to represent him
- Niners\' Crabtree has surgery to repair Achilles
- Haslam to NFL owners: Sorry for federal probe
- Rams guard Watkins gets one-game suspension
- Niners\' Harbaugh to drive pace car at Indy 500
- Panthers reach deal with first-round pick Lotulelei
- Urlacher says he\'s retiring after 13 NFL seasons