|Published:||Sep 21, 2012 3:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 22, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have placed backup receiver Sammie Stroughter on injured reserve and signed former Stanford receiver Chris Owusu off the San Diego Chargers' practice squad.
Stroughter is a fourth-year pro who injured his right foot during last week's 41-34 loss to the New York Giants. He returned two punts for 16 yards and had one reception for 14 yards this season.
Owusu entered the NFL this year as an undrafted free agent with San Francisco. He signed with the Chargers after being released by the 49ers following the final preseason game.
The Bucs announced the moves before practice Friday.
- Schiano \'not against\' rookie Glennon winning job
- Manuel: Bills\' O \'easier to learn\' than Florida State\'s
- Seahawks QB Portis arrested on suspicion of DUI
- Skins GM on RG3\'s comeback: It\'s too early to tell
- Owner: Jets in fact-finding mode after RB\'s arrest
- Chad Johnson turns self in for probation violation
- Guns, cash stolen from home of Ravens RB Rice
- Draft likely moving to May, but no vote on it yet
- SF the likely choice for Super Bowl L in Tues. vote
- Megatron broke receiving mark with broken fingers