|Published:||Sep 11, 2012 2:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 12, 2012 6:33 AM EDT|
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indianapolis has signed offensive tackle Bradley Sowell from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers practice squad.
The 6-foot-7, 320-pound rookie was signed by the Bucs as an undrafted free agent in April. He played in 49 college games at Mississippi and was a third-team All-SEC selection in 2010.
Indy is trying to solidify the offensive line after it gave up three sacks in a season-opening 41-21 loss at Chicago. Andrew Luck, the No. 1 draft pick, also was knocked to the ground numerous other times Sunday.
The Colts released two players from the active roster Monday to clear room for the addition of Sowell.
- Bears done with Cutler after \'13?
- Report: OT Martin to be traded to highest bidder
- Steeler says he mistook Starks\' butt for football
- Tomlin, Harbaugh reported as Texas candidates
- Teammate: Rodgers takes first-team practice reps
- Playing Sunday?
- RG3 benched for Cousins
- Bradshaw hates idea of cold-weather Super Bowl
- Welker ruled out of Thursday game vs. Chargers
- Madden: It\'s baloney