|Published:||Sep 04, 2012 6:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 05, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Chris Berman of ESPN:
CHRIS BERMAN (ESPN)
1. New York Giants - After all, they are defending champs.
2. New England Patriots - After all, Patriots are defending AFC champs.
3. Green Bay Packers - After all, Packers had best record last year.
4. Baltimore Ravens - After all, Ravens should have been in Super Bowl.
5. San Francisco 49ers - After all, 49ers could have easily been in Super Bowl.
6. Philadelphia Eagles - This is Eagles' season to dream.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers - Even Steelers fell under Tebow's spell.
8. Detroit Lions - Lions learned how to win - can they do it when everyone's looking?
9. New Orleans Saints - Brees is 70 percent passer even with me coaching.
10. Denver Broncos - I heard Broncos acquired Peyton Manning.
11. Chicago Bears - Bears were rolling until offensive injuries.
12. Houston Texans - Raised eyebrows despite all the injuries.
13. Atlanta Falcons - Must figure out playoffs are different than regular season.
14. Buffalo Bills - Most excitement in Western New York in offseason in years.
15. New York Jets - Beauty of Week 1; either 0-4 Jets or 0-4 Bills will be 1-0 and quiet folks down.
16. San Diego Chargers - First time in decade Bolts won't be favored in AFC West; could help.
17. Cincinnati Bengals - Bengals won all the games they should have.
18. Dallas Cowboys - Romo not the problem: How about protecting lead?
19. Tennessee Titans - Hope that Locker watching Hasselbeck will work like Rodgers watching Favre.
20. Seattle Seahawks - 4-0 preseason with young, eager team always a good sign.
21. Kansas City Chiefs - Healthy now, maybe 2010 wasn't fluke.
22. Oakland Raiders - Everything is new for Silver & Black; anything is possible in this division.
23. Carolina Panthers - Year 2 of Cam Newton like looking forward to Christmas.
24. Washington Redskins - RG3 provides hope and excitement.
25. Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson should solve lots of problems.
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman is man on mission.
27. Arizona Cardinals - Finished strong. Maybe Patrick Peterson can return six punts for TDs.
28. Miami Dolphins - New school of fish.
29. Indianapolis Colts - Luck looks ready.
30. Minnesota Vikings - Thank goodness Adrian Peterson appears to be a fast healer.
31. St. Louis Rams - Jeff Fisher didn't take this job to fail.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars - Showdowns with Colts won't be for division title.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
- Week 14 injuries: Welker leaves with concussion
- Skins eye Baylor\'s Briles if/when Shanahan fired
- Report: Gronk tears ACL
- <img width=18 height=10 src="http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/video.gif">Prater\'s 64-yard FG
- Cards fear Mathieu has torn ACL
- Shanahan wanted to quit?
- Peterson injured
- Saints regain NFC South lead, end Panthers\' streak at eight