|Published:||Aug 27, 2012 6:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 28, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers put two-time Pro Bowl guard Davin Joseph on injured reserve and placed second-year defensive end Da'Quan Bowers on the reserve/physically unable to perform list Monday, when the roster was trimmed to the 75-man limit for the final preseason game.
Joseph tore the patellar tendon in his right knee during last week's 30-28 exhibition victory over New England. Bowers tore his right Achilles tendon during an offseason workout in May and has not participated in training camp. Both moves were expected.
The Bucs (No. 26 in the AP Pro32) also waived 10 players - running back De'Anthony Curtis, linebackers Andrew DePaola and Brian Smith, wide receivers Greg Ellingson and Ed Gant, tight end Collin Franklin, punter Eric Guthrie, tackle Mike Ingersoll, safety Tramain Thomas and cornerback Marquese Wheaton.
- LT Albert, LB Houston out for Chiefs at Redskins
- Cardinals QB Palmer (elbow) game-time decision
- Texans fire Kubiak, name Phillips interim coach
- Seahawks\' Harvin won\'t play Sunday vs. 49ers
- Broncos\' Fox will coach vs. Titans from sideline
- Browns will start Campbell at QB against Patriots
- Packers\' Rodgers still not ready, ruled out Sunday
- Jones-Drew to have MRI on strained hamstring