|Published:||Aug 15, 2012 6:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
METAIRIE, La. (AP) - At first glance, running back Travaris Cadet would seem like a long shot to make a New Orleans roster that already includes Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, and Chris Ivory.
The undrafted rookie out of Appalachian State has versatility in his favor, though.
While he has yet to do much in the running game in two preseason games, his 14 catches lead the team and his 109 yards receiving, highlighted by a 24-yard gain against Arizona in the Hall of Fame game, ranks third on the team.
Cadet also has returned both punts and kickoffs, and hopes he can continue to carve out a niche as a utility player when the Saints play their first home game of the preseason against Jacksonville on Friday night.
- LT Albert, LB Houston out for Chiefs at Redskins
- Cardinals QB Palmer (elbow) game-time decision
- Texans fire Kubiak, name Phillips interim coach
- Seahawks\' Harvin won\'t play Sunday vs. 49ers
- Broncos\' Fox will coach vs. Titans from sideline
- Browns will start Campbell at QB against Patriots
- Packers\' Rodgers still not ready, ruled out Sunday
- Jones-Drew to have MRI on strained hamstring