|Published:||Aug 05, 2012 8:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
CANTON, Ohio (AP) - Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb was shaken up on a hard tackle and left the Hall of Fame game against the New Orleans Saints with bruised ribs.
Kolb was tackled hard by Sedrick Ellis as he let go of a pass for his only completion in three series on Sunday night. Kolb landed hard on his right side, got to his knees and put his helmet on the ground, staying down while trainers talked to him. He walked off the field without assistance after a couple of minutes.
Kolb and John Skelton are competing for the starting job. Kolb had a rough night - his first pass was intercepted. Kolb finished 1 of 4 for 4 yards. Skelton replaced him.
- Browns will start Campbell at QB against Patriots
- Packers\' Rodgers still not ready, ruled out Sunday
- Jones-Drew to have MRI on strained hamstring
- LT Albert, LB Houston out for Chiefs at Redskins
- Cardinals QB Palmer (elbow) game-time decision
- Texans fire Kubiak, name Phillips interim coach
- Seahawks\' Harvin won\'t play Sunday vs. 49ers
- Broncos\' Fox will coach vs. Titans from sideline