|Published:||Oct 21, 2012 5:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 22, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - The Miami Heat have waived center Mickell Gladness and forward Robert Dozier.
Both appeared in four preseason games with the Heat. Dozier averaged 1.5 points and 3.3 rebounds in nearly 11 minutes per game, and Gladness averaged 1.3 points and 2.3 rebounds in about eight minutes per outing.
The reigning NBA champions announced the moves on Sunday, an off day from practice. Dozier was Miami's second-round draft pick in 2009. Gladness played in 26 NBA games last season, 18 of them with Golden State and eight with Miami.
The Heat roster now stands at 18 players. Teams must get down to no more than 15 to set their initial regular-season roster.
- Warriors\' O\'Neal (wrist surgery) out indefintely
- Knicks\' Felton out 2-3 week with hamstring strain
- Pierce, Garnett help Nets beat Rivers\' Clippers
- Kobe leads voting for All-Star guards in West
- Aldridge (31 and 25) leads Blazers past Rockets
- Rumor: Nets, Warriors join Knicks in Lowry pursuit
- Lakers PG Blake (elbow) to miss at least six weeks