|Published:||Sep 17, 2012 7:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 18, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - The Miami Heat signed center Josh Harrellson on Monday.
The 6-foot-10, 275-pound Harrellson played 37 games as a rookie for the New York Knicks last season, averaging 4.4 points and 3.9 rebounds. He had a season-high 18 points against Charlotte on April 26, and a 14-point, 12-rebound effort against Sacramento on Dec. 31.
He also played in all five games of the Knicks' playoff loss to the Heat, scoring 10 points and grabbing eight rebounds in just under 25 minutes during that series.
Harrellson appeared in 94 games over three seasons at Kentucky, averaging 4.7 points and 4.7 rebounds.
The Heat have 18 players under contract for training camp, which opens with the first practice Sept. 29.
- Lakers PG Blake (elbow) to miss at least six weeks
- Knicks\' Felton out 2-3 week with hamstring strain
- Pierce, Garnett help Nets beat Rivers\' Clippers
- Kobe leads voting for All-Star guards in West
- Aldridge (31 and 25) leads Blazers past Rockets
- Rumor: Nets, Warriors join Knicks in Lowry pursuit
- Warriors\' O\'Neal (wrist surgery) out indefintely