|Published:||Jul 03, 2012 9:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The Magic have signed first-round draft pick Andrew Nicholson, the team announced.
Orlando general manager Rob Hennigan announced the move on Tuesday. Nicholson, a 6-foot-9 forward out of St. Bonaventure, was the 19th overall selection in last week's draft and was the Atlantic 10 conference player of the year as a senior last season.
Nicholson will join Magic second-round pick Kyle O'Quinn from Norfolk State on Orlando's summer league team, which will compete July 9-13 at Amway Center.
Current Magic players Justin Harper, DeAndre Liggins and Ish Smith will also play on Orlando's 15-man summer league roster. Liggins and Smith are both unrestricted free agents.
Brooklyn, Boston, Philadelphia, Utah, Oklahoma City, Indiana and Detroit will also field teams.
- Lakers PG Blake (elbow) to miss at least six weeks
- Warriors\' O\'Neal (wrist surgery) out indefintely
- Knicks\' Felton out 2-3 week with hamstring strain
- Pierce, Garnett help Nets beat Rivers\' Clippers
- Kobe leads voting for All-Star guards in West
- Aldridge (31 and 25) leads Blazers past Rockets
- Rumor: Nets, Warriors join Knicks in Lowry pursuit