|Published:||Jun 13, 2012 4:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 14, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Dwyane Wade's book about fatherhood will be released Sept. 4.
The Miami Heat guard spent much of this past offseason working on the book titled "A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger than Basketball." It talks about the custody fight for his two sons, and how his own difficult upbringing in Chicago helps shapes his role as a single father now.
William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, announced the publication date Wednesday.
Wade was awarded sole custody of his children in March 2011 after a long court battle with his ex-wife, who remains in the boys' lives.
Wade and the Heat play Game 2 of the NBA finals against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday night. Miami dropped the series-opener Tuesday.
- Doc Rivers admits he \'walked away\' from Celtics
- Thunder drop Hawks for 11th win in 12 games
- Kidd-Frank tiff included profanity-laced argument
- Granger to debut Friday?
- Former Laker Odom pleads no contest in DUI case
- Hibbert, Pacers rally to beat Heat at home
- Tuesday\'s scores
- Disgruntled Rockets center Asik switching agents
- D-Will, Pierce return to help Nets knock off Celtics
- Silver: NBA panel may look at eliminating divisions