|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 11:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 15, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Ozzie Guillen says his last-place Miami Marlins are still hustling, and he's still defending them.
After a victory Friday over the Cincinnati Reds, the manager tweeted a profanity in reference to a reporter, saying he made "stupid comments about the miami team. ... we still play hard. ... i think u no watch."
The season has been bitterly disappointing for the Marlins, who went on a spending spree last December and expected to field a contender in the first year in their new ballpark. Instead, they were dismantling the roster by July and will likely finish with a losing record for the third year in a row.
- Reds looking to trade Phillips; Yanks rejected offer
- Agent: Matt Kemp told he\'s off the trading block
- Interested in OF Young?
- Roenicke defends tainted Braun: \'good young man\'
- Reports: Pirates sign Morton
- MLB awaits approval to ban home-plate collisions
- Marlins ship LoMo to M\'s
- D-Backs, Angels, Twins heat up market for Garza
- M\'s land Hart with 1-year deal; slotted after Cano
- Orioles make offers to reliever Balfour, others