|Published:||Sep 09, 2012 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
WASHINGTON (AP) - Ricky Nolasco tossed a four-hitter to shut out Washington for the second time in two weeks and Giancarlo Stanton homered for the third straight day to lead the Miami Marlins to an 8-0 win over the Nationals on Sunday.
Nolasco also doubled in two runs when Bryce Harper lost his fly ball in the sun, and Greg Dobbs added three singles for Miami, which pounded out 14 hits. Nolasco (12-12) struck out six and walked one.
The Marlins won two of three games in the weekend series against the NL East-leading Nationals (86-54), whose division lead slipped to 5½ games over Atlanta.
Nationals starter Edwin Jackson (9-10) lasted just 4 2-3 innings, giving up six earned runs on nine hits.
- First baseman Napoli agrees to terms with Boston
- Nationals grab OF McLouth for 2 years, $10.75M
- Mariners reel in Cano with 10-year, $240M deal
- Astros, RHP Feldman agree to 3-year contract
- Rumors: Phillies open to trading closer Papelbon
- Mets, Granderson agree on 4-year, $60M contract
- Yankees, Kuroda finalize new 1-year, $16M deal
- Report: Marlins agree to 2-year deal with OF Jones
- Texas Rangers agree with FA catcher Arencibia
- Yankees, Beltran agree to 3-year, $45M contract