|Published:||Aug 07, 2012 10:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
BOSTON (AP) - Ryan Dempster rebounded from a rough debut with Texas by pitching shutout ball into the seventh inning, Ian Kinsler had a pair of RBI singles and the Rangers snapped a two-game losing streak with a 6-3 win over the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night.
Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz each had two hits and drove in a run for Texas.
Will Middlebrooks had a pinch-hit three-run homer for the Red Sox, who have lost five of seven.
The AL West-leading Rangers have lost three straight only three times this season.
Dempster (1-0) gave up Middlebrooks' homer after a two-out error by Kinsler. He allowed three unearned runs, six hits, struck out six and walked one in 6 2-3 innings.
Jon Lester (5-10) gave up four runs on six hits in 6 2-3 innings. He's 0-5 in his last six starts.
- Winter Meetings: Monday\'s hot stove roundup
- Report: Phillies \'actively shopping\' All-Star Brown
- Orioles show interest in closers Axford, Balfour
- 12 teams interested in Trumbo; D-Backs a match?
- Longtime ace Halladay to retire as a Blue Jay
- Report: Three-team Santos trade falls through
- Rangers, Diamondbacks interested in OF Choo
- Unanimous vote: Cox, Torre, La Russa into Hall
- Main Price suitors: Mariners, Dodgers, Rangers
- Orioles, Mets showing interest in Johan Santana