|Published:||Jul 09, 2012 12:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 09, 2012 6:31 AM EDT|
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Ian Kinsler hit a winning RBI single with one out in the 13th inning and the AL West-leading Texas Rangers beat the Minnesota Twins 4-3 Sunday night after tying the game with three unearned runs in the ninth.
Texas had the bases loaded when Kinsler, one of eight Texas players headed to the All-Star game, hit a liner into the left-center field gap that bounced against the wall while his teammates stormed out the dugout to celebrate the team's second consecutive 4-3 extra-inning victory.
Scott Feldman (3-6), the eighth Rangers pitcher, worked the last two innings.
Along with extra innings in the last game before the All-Star break, there was a 46-minute delay in the fourth inning that started with a lightning bolt and a loud clap of thunder.
- Winter Meetings: Monday\'s hot stove roundup
- Report: Phillies \'actively shopping\' All-Star Brown
- Orioles show interest in closers Axford, Balfour
- 12 teams interested in Trumbo; D-Backs a match?
- Longtime ace Halladay to retire as a Blue Jay
- Report: Three-team Santos trade falls through
- Rangers, Diamondbacks interested in OF Choo
- Unanimous vote: Cox, Torre, La Russa into Hall
- Main Price suitors: Mariners, Dodgers, Rangers
- Orioles, Mets showing interest in Johan Santana