Published: Aug 15, 2014 9:52 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 15, 2014 10:37 PM EDT

EAST NAPLES, Fla.- "It started little and I watched it as it got big and I watched the house fall down and everything."

The family who lives at 3312 Poinsettia Avenue say they lost everything Friday night after a fire ripped through their home. Into the night, firefighters went through the damage, looking for anything that could be saved. Firefighters tell WINK News the fire was an electrical accident, caused by an overloaded power strip.

The homeowner didn't want to speak with us on camera, but tells me he was inside with his wife and little girl when the fire started. But a witness saw everything.

"It sounded like the whole thing was about to explode."

As the fire grew, Shantey Vazquez, who works at the Circle K next door, called 911 and took this dramatic cell phone video of the home on fire.

"You only see stuff like this on tv. It was high, high, I thought it was gonna come over here.  I thought it was gonna close the store down!"

Firefighters from multiple agencies worked to put out the blaze. The woman who escaped the fire went to the hospital because of minor burns and smoke inhalation. Her husband refused help from paramedics.

"Thank god they got out," said Vazquez.

Friends of the family tell WINK News, they're in shock.

"They just told us that the house is very old. They're going to be staying in my house for the night."