Published: Jun 15, 2014 6:15 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 15, 2014 9:30 AM EDT

NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. --A home on Scarecrow Road in North Fort Myers was saved thanks to quick action taken by neighbors and firefighters.

Chief Bill Schaible, with the North Fort Myers Fire Department, said a barn caught fire around around 5 a.m. Sunday. Schaible said it was fully involved, as was a backyard shed, when the firefighters arrived on the scene. He says they immediatly got water onto the home, since the flames were getting closer, then doused the barn.

The home owner, Elsbeth Gaydus, says she has no idea how the fire started. "We do have nice neighbors who happened to hear about it, Gaydus said. "They 911ed it, and we 911ed it, and we had everybody here and they saved my house."

Schaible says no one was injured in the fire.